Wednesday, April 14, 2020
Registration Open for February Storm Losses
Salem, Oregon – Residents of Umatilla County and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation who sustained damage or loss due to the February storms and flooding should register now for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Individuals or families that had property damage or loss as a result of the Umatilla River flooding event that occurred February 5-9, 2020 may qualify for FEMA assistance. By law, FEMA assistance cannot duplicate the assistance received from insurance companies; however, assistance may be received for uninsured or underinsured items.
The areas designated for federal individual assistance are Umatilla County and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
Registering with FEMA is easy and there are multiple ways to do it:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). TTY number is 1-800-462-7585, and for 711 or video real service call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Phone lines are open. 7am-11pm PST, seven days a week until further notice. Multilingual operators are on duty.
- Register online at www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Use FEMA’s disaster app on your smartphone. To download the app, go to www.fema.gov/mobile-app.
- Information about how to apply for low-interest SBA loans for businesses and residents is available online at www.SBA.gov/disaster. You may also call 1-800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hearing impaired individuals may call 800-877-8339.
SBA offers federal low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, most private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters.
When you apply for disaster assistance, please have the following available:
- Private home insurance information, if available.
- Address and zip code of the damaged property.
- Daytime telephone number. A telephone number where a FEMA representative can reach you or leave a message.
- An address where postal mail can be received.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for a checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds to your bank account).
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362) 711/VRS – Video Relay Service). Multilingual operators are available. (Press 2 for Spanish). TTY call 800-462-7585.